- Collège Sainte-Marie, (Shawinigan), B.A., 1966.
- McGill University, B.C.L., 1970.
- INSEAD, Managing Partnerships and Strategic Alliances Programme, 1992.
- ICD Corporate Governance College, 2006.
- Member of the Bar of Québec.
- Chairman of the Board, Canadian Foundation for Economic Education.
- Member, Board of Trustees, Canadian University of Dubai.
- Rotary Club of Montreal, 1976-1984.
- President of the Montreal Branch of the Canadian Red Cross Society 1981-1984.
- Director of the Canadian Red Cross Society, Québec Division, 1981-1984.
- Honorary Controller of the Canadian Red Cross Society, 1981-1982.
- Fund raising activities for various charities.
- I started my career at the Legal Advisory Division of the Department of External Affairs, Ottawa. I was posted to Canada's Permanent Mission to the European office of the United Nations, Geneva and took part in numerous international conferences, including the United Nations General Assembly, New York (1972), the Plenipotentiary Conference of the International Telecommunications Union, Torremolinos (1973), the Conference on the Development of Humanitarian Law, Geneva (1974 and 1975), the XXIInd Conference of the Red Cross, Teheran (1973), and the Conference of the Universal Postal Union, Lausanne (1975).
- 1975 - 1976: associate, Johnston Heenan Blaikie.
- 1977 - 1997: partner, McDougall Caron; as managing partner, I planned and directed the integration of McDougall Caron into Coudert Brothers, an international law firm.
- 1997- 2001: partner, Coudert Brothers.
- 2001- 2008: partner, Fraser, Milner Casgrain LLP.
- 2008 - 2011: counsel, Fraser, Milner Casgrain LLP.
- From July 1, 2008: Chief Operating Officer, Cadet Capital Inc.
- Throughout the period, I have served on a number of boards of for-profit and not-for-profit corporations, including from 1986 to 1989 the Board of Directors of the Export Development Corporation.